Any company would say its employees are smart, capable, and fun to work with – and our employees certainly are! But we’re also driven by an unshakable sense of purpose, an urgency to act, and the motivation to devote our talents and energy to fighting the planet’s most important fight.
At Normative we are creating the norm for carbon accounting by providing intelligence to companies to reduce their climate footprint. We translate financial data into tangible carbon insights enabling companies to understand and reduce their carbon emission. What we do has a real positive impact on the climate. You can too!
Our Tech team constantly improves on the world’s first emissions accounting engine. Every improvement they make directly contributes to helping companies reach net zero emissions.
You’ll join our growing engineering team as a senior frontend engineer to succeed together in the journey toward net-zero. You’ll have a lot of impact on the client-side of our products and overall on the technical processes and approaches. We use Angular on the client, Typescript and Python on the server, and tools like CodeClimate, CodeShip for CI/CD.
Our core values and the culture we aim for:
- Staying mission-driven and data-informed
- Contribute to developing a team based on trust, transparency, and respect
- Strive for individual growth and team performance
- See feedback as a tool for improvement - we learn from our mistakes
- Value continuous improvements over static best practices
What you will do:
- Collaborate with the product department to accurately transform business needs into technical requirements
- Make sure you understand not only what should be done but also why this should be done
- Focus on achieving goals as a team together with other engineers
- Optimize the journey from the technical perspective for efficient delivery and keep in mind future features, scalability, and maintenance
- Contribute to quality, and engage in improving engineering practices and processes together with your team
- Perform code review and initiate discussions to find the best technical approaches
- Share your knowledge, coach and mentor your teammates if needed
To be successful, we believe you:
- Genuinely want to contribute to the journey toward net-zero
- Have a solid background in engineering front-end systems on top of a microservice back-end
- Aim to ship fast, be value-driven and understand the importance of feedback loops from the stakeholders
- Be prepared to deal with rapid changes, uncertainties, and other typical challenges of a growing company
- Not afraid of asking a lot of questions
- Can explain your preferred technical approaches to other engineers
- Choose rather to work in close collaboration with the teammates than in silos
At Normative you will work in a fast-paced environment with driven and skilled people. We work with a focus of One Planet - One Team - One goal and strive towards being an employer where you have fun, develop, and grow while actually working towards solving the world's biggest challenge.
We operate with a hybrid remote model with an office in Stockholm. This means you can be based remotely within Sweden or Denmark, but we do want to meet regularly/monthly and be able to do that in a climate-friendly way.
We adopt a continuous selection process, so make sure to apply as soon as possible!