Any company would say its employees are smart, capable, and fun to work with – and our employees certainly are! But we’re also driven by an unshakable sense of purpose, an urgency to act, and the motivation to devote our talents and energy to fighting the planet’s most important fight.
At Normative we are creating the norm for carbon accounting by providing intelligence to companies to reduce their climate footprint. We translate financial data into tangible carbon insights enabling companies to understand and reduce their carbon emission. What we do has a real positive impact on the climate. You can too!
Our Tech team constantly improves on the world’s first emissions accounting engine. Every improvement they make directly contributes to helping companies reach net zero emissions.
As a senior engineering manager you’ll join our growing tech team, lead one of our teams, and be part of the engineering leadership together with other EMs and the VP of Engineering.
In this role you’ll be responsible for the success of your team on different planes: hiring, delivery, quality, and team health and growth. You will be an ambassador for our core values and the culture we strive for:
- Staying mission driven and data informed
- Build a team based on respect, diversity and inclusiveness
- Ensure transparency, alignment and distributed decision making
- Strive for individual growth and team performance
- See feedback as a tool for improvement - we learn from our mistakes
- Value continuous improvements over static best practices
You will work closely with the product manager for the team to align on priorities and balance execution on product roadmap and technical improvements, reduction of tech debt, etc. While the PM represents “what problems need solving”, you and your team represent “how those problems will be solved”.
In the engineering leadership team we work as a team, we help each other with small and bigger things, so you can expect to be supported and to be asked for help by your fellow engineering managers. Together you’ll also contribute to the development of the engineering organization, participating in and driving improvement initiatives across the board.
What you will do:
- Help develop and scale the most advanced emissions calculation engine in the world
- Contribute to fostering an open and inclusive culture as we grow our organization
- Develop the team and individuals through coaching, mentoring, and management
- Participate in the recruitment of motivated and talented individuals
- Drive and be accountable for delivery, quality, and good engineering practices with your team
- Foster collaboration with product to maintain a healthy backlog that tackles the most important problems to solve
- Participate and drive improvement initiatives across engineering
We think you’ll be a good match if you:
- Genuinely want to contribute to the fight against climate change
- Have extensive experience leading diverse teams in different stages of development, possibly in a scale-up organization
- Are experienced from lean and agile, bottom-up cultures
- Have a solid background in software engineering
- Are great communicator and have experience working closely with product managers
- Have a rich toolbox of methods and approaches to foster timely delivery of high quality software, as well as development of individual and teams
At Normative you will work in a fast paced environment with driven and skilled people. We work with a focus of One Planet - One Team - One goal and strive towards being an employer where you have fun, develop and grow while actually working towards solving the world's biggest challenge.
We operate with a hybrid remote model with an office in Stockholm. This means you can be based remotely within Sweden or Denmark, but we do want to meet regularly/monthly and be able to do that in a climate-friendly way.
We adopt a continuous selection process, so make sure to apply as soon as possible! Normative handles sensitive financial data and we will therefore conduct a background check before signing any candidate.