Normative is looking for a product designer to join the world's most important fight!
Join our small team of designers and use your skills to positively impact the world. You'll transform problems and opportunities into exceptional experiences for our customers.
Normative helps companies to understand and reduce their carbon footprints towards their journey to Net Zero. We do this through science-based carbon accounting products and tailored advice from net zero experts.
Our design principles:
Design to learn – start small, improve through insights and evolve over time.
Design for equity – consider people with different physical attributes, mental capabilities, cultural diversity and learning needs.
Design for simplicity – make it as simple as possible, and don’t put the burden on our users to “figure it out”.
Design sustainably – reuse existing “tested and tried” patterns; avoid bespoke non-scalable solutions.
What you will do:
You will work closely with one of our cross-functional teams to design and enhance our product's user experience.
You will collaborate with individuals from various departments, including other designers, product managers, developers, climate strategy, and marketing teams.
You will act as a subject matter expert and advocate for insight-driven designs across the company and to stakeholders.
You will be an active contributor to our design system and help level up our design team's overall maturity.
Experiences we’re seeking:
- Comfortable working in all stages of the design process, including defining problems, assessing risks, conducting user research, and designing final UIs.
- Experienced using both qualitative and quantitative data to guide design decisions.
- Expert knowledge in industry standards for UI and interaction patterns, and have experience contributing to design systems
- Comfortable working with developers and product managers to navigate constraints and limitations.
- Able to clearly articulate design decisions and manage stakeholders' expectations and requests.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment where team members wear multiple hats depending on needs.
- Experienced in designing complex and data-heavy products.
- Have experience contributing to product strategy and roadmaps.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Apply anyway!
Normative operates on a hybrid remote model with offices in Stockholm, Copenhagen, and London. For this role, you can be hired in Stockholm or remotely in Sweden.
- Market-based salaries and annual merit-based salary reviews
- 30 days/year of paid vacation + up to 2 additional days off
- Pension and parental leave
- 5000SEK wellness allowance (friskvårdsbidrag) + 1 wellness hour per week
- Social and team-building activities (off-site, after work, winter/summer parties)
- An opportunity to make a real positive impact on the world
- A friendly, supportive and humble working culture
We review our benefits packages on a regular basis and might modify our benefits from time to time.
How to Apply
Please apply with your CV in English and attach a portfolio or samples of your design work. Things we will be looking for in your portfolio or work samples:
- If you have clearly defined the problem at hand
- What was your role and how did you involve other people
- Your design process and how you approached solutions and validation
Our interview process consists of three stages:
- First screening with our talent acquisition manager
- Hiring manager interview
- Portfolio presentation interview with the design team
- cross-functional interview with the product development team
Your hiring manager will be Jenney Shi, who is the product design lead at Normative.
We’re committed to hiring diversely. Having employees from diverse backgrounds brings a wealth of perspectives and experience to our team. We encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply for this role.
We assess candidates based on their work samples and unique talents and rate everyone against the same criteria.