Do you want to make a contribution towards a sustainable future? Do you want to be a part of a start-up and solve real problems?
Then you're our perfect fit!
Normative makes the environmental and social cost of every purchase in our economy transparent. Our goal is to contribute to a faster transition towards a sustainable society by helping companies get better at measuring their sustainability. This gives companies the incentives and the guidance required to drastically reduce their environmental footprint.
The product team connects life cycle assessment calculations to activities in companies. Our customers entrust us with intricate details about the activities within the company, and in return we continuously help them become transparent about their externalities through analytics dashboards and reports, on the web and through API services. Today we're a small team but are looking to grow.
As a data engineer on this team, you will build the business logic and protocols that allow us and our partners to reliably present sustainability calculations. Users find us on the web and through partner integrations. You will develop microservices in Python and Typescript and work with many services and underlying technologies core to our product. You have an urge to get to solve the actual problems and strive to understand where the customer is coming from.
Does this sound like something you’d like to do? Awesome, let’s talk about specifics.
What do we need from you?
- You enjoy juggling data
- You can build clean interfaces in data processing pipelines where you shuffle data between your local dev environment, databases, cloud deployments, and off to third parties.
- You can make the most out of a mixture of various data sources.
- You have SRE/DevOps know-how for a public cloud like AWS, Azure or GCP
- You have a willingness to learn on the job, acquiring new skills in everything from different new systems to the latest environmental guidelines
Nice to have
- Expertise in Typescript
- SRE/DevOps know-how for a public cloud like AWS, Azure or GCP
- Experience from working with event-driven production pipelines
What is it like working at Normative?
- We have a small and friendly work environment.
- In our regular company-wide retrospectives every individual has an opportunity to get their new ideas seriously considered.
- We're a fast growing start-up. Partnerships and opportunities frequently change.
- We realign our shared short-term vision frequently within each project but individuals make their own decisions in the best interest of the company.
We're curious about software you have helped develop in the past; so if applicable please include a link to your github account or other public portfolio. Please apply by September 30th 2020. We adopt a continuous selection process, so make sure to apply as soon as possible!